donderdag 12 februari 2009

Vertical for 40 meters

I am trying to make myself a Vertical antenna for the 40 meter band.
Till now,i am still not happy with the results.


I wanted to make the vertical,so i have other signals then on my FD3 windom from Fritzel.
But till now,the signals are almost the same.
Problem is also that i can't have radials from 10 meter long here in the garden.
I use 5 radials now.Two of them are 10 meters long,the others are 5 meters.
They aren't in one straight line as well.
Our garden is onlu 9x6 meters.The antenna is in the middle...

Here are some photo's i made today.It doesn't look very proffesional ofcourse.
The is just testing it.If i am happy with the design,i will make a better one of better materials as well.



2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi Bernard, nothing wrong with the setup. But I think it is not working like expected because the antenne is not in free space. Too much reflections from the buildings surrounding the vertical. Probabely a lot of radials could solve a bit of the problem. And of course you can only compare with your windom if you hear real DX. You cannot compare it with EU stations. By the way I studied your call on PSK reporter and did see that you received a lot from the USA and even 1 from Korea. I assume you all received it with this vertical? 73 de PE4BAS Bas

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Bas,
    Yes there where some stations from NA in my PSK log,but maybe they where also in my log with the FD3?
    I did change the vertical a bit.
    The fishing rod itself is just over 7 meters long,so i have some wire left over.
    I did have this connected very close by,and it was pointing down as well,from the top.

    Now i have put a wire in a tree and did connect it to that wire.
    Now the left over wire runs almost horizontal.
    Just try it again this evening and see what it does now.

    I will also let my PSK on 40M tonight.
    So we can compare what we do receive.

    If i am not happy enought,then the rod goes down and i put it up tomorrow as a dipole for 40M.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen