maandag 23 februari 2009

ARRL DX Contest

The past weekend was the ARRL DX Contest in CW.
I also took a part in it,but just with the small power i have,just 25watts.
Sometimes it wasn't easy to get the QSO good.I was active on 20M and a small part at the 40M as well.


For 20m i can use my 3elm Tribander,FB33 from Fritzel.
For the 40M i did use just a simple 2x 10M wire dipole,just haning as inverted V.The top hangs at 5 meters and the ends at 2 meters above the ground.
This simple setup works better for me then my Fritzel FD3 windom.This one is also hanging higher,top at 9 meters and the ends at 4 meters above the ground.
Soon i will let the 2x 10m dipole in the same way as the FD3,just to test how that will work then.
Later this year,i will get a 2elm PKW up for 40M.


The first day of the Contest went very well.Got 134 QSO's logged that day.
The second day was not that well.I did found alot of OM's that i did work already the first day.
Also no propagation to the West Coast of the US,so also no Multies from that area.

Total came to 179 QSO's with 47 Multies.
These QSO's are made with only 25 watts and also by use of computer and MixW.
So alot of weak signals couldn't be worked because of this.
I'm very happy with the result and hope to work you guys again soon,in other contest.
: MixW

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten