maandag 16 februari 2009

PACC 2009

This past weekend was the weekend of the PACC Contest.
For us in Holland the biggest contest,but for outside not very interrested.
I am not active during the contest since 2007 and see that every year less OM's outside Holland are interrested to work us.Maybe it the setup of the contest that does this.
OM's outside Holland can only work us for points...
Maybe if the setup changes,that everyone can work everyone,with the Dutch Provinces as extra Multi's,makes it more interresting.
Just a little thought....

I did work in the Novice style,this means only 10,20 and 40 meters,with maxima of 25 Watts.
The 10 meter wasn't open,only did work a few Dutch provinces on that.
The 20 meter was open,but also closed early in the evening.....but th strange thing is,that still RTTY qso's could be made with NA/SA.So i think this is also because the PACC isn't that interresting.
The 40 meter was also not very good propagation.And a big problem with all the RTTY stations as well.How later in the evening,how higher in the band the RTTY came.

But most of all,i did enjoy it again to be a part of the PACC.
This is the most important thing,in my opinion.
And we learn as well from it.I did want to change some things,after the PACC from 2008.
But i did move in with my girlfriend and the antenna setup wasn't ready as i wanted it to be.
Something to fix before the PACC 2010 !!!

The Score of this year came to 8448 in N1MM logger.This can be changed after all logs are send in ofcourse.Here are some of my statistics:








The setup used was:



TRX : Yaesu FT847 25 watt



Antenne's: Fritzel FB33 (10-20m) , Fritzel GPA50 (10-20m) , Fritzel FD3 (10-40m) and home made 2x 10m dipole (40m)



The FB33 is at 6 meters above the ground.Soon it will be higher.The GPA50 is at the roof of the house,also the FD3 is there connected,and as Inverted V hanging down.The home made 2x 10m dipole,was hanging as Inverted V at my tower.The top at 5 meters at the gound.



I hope that the propagation will improve,until the PACC in 2010.Also that more OM's find it interresting to work all of us during this 24 hours contest.When the weather permits,and also my health,we will be changing the antenne setup here in the spring.The FB33 will be removed and in that place my old Swan TB-3HA will be put in his place.The Swan tribander has in my opinion a better f/b and is also bigger.The radials are all 1 meter longer then from the FB33.This means also a better performing.I used the Swan at my old place and am very happy with it.It's now over 30 years old and old American made.



For the 40m i will change my PKW MHF1e40 Rotary dipole,that is also still not up here,to a 2elm beam.This will for sure improve my skills on 40m.The antenne's will be up then around 10 meters above the ground.I am trying to get them higher,but need another tower for this,of must see if this tower can be changed.Our garden is only around 9m long....



So this is my story of the Dutch PACC 2009.Thanks all that did work us and hope to see/hear you again next year or in other contest.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten