zaterdag 14 maart 2009

Propagation Difference

You all know that Holland is just a very small and flat Country.
But still we have alot of differences in the Propagation inside this small area.
Years ago we had this already on 11M.In the South part of Holland they could work Country's we didn't even hear here in the North part.The distance between myself and the other stations is just 150-200KM.

In 2006 i did pass my Novice Licence...
Thought that this difference was maybe only on the 11M band.
But now i notice that this is also on other bands.
I did notice this also on the 20M band.Some stations in the South part of Holland,did work a DX expedition...i couldn't even hear a sound from them here.
It seems that the propagation goes from South to North.
The stations in the South first hear the station and if the band is open long enought,we can hear them here in the North part as well.
We also see this with other Country's.For example Italy has mostly better propagation to all corners as we here in Western Europe.

My antenne setup in Schoonoord JO32IU
For me is also the country's to the North difficult.
So did i hear JD1BMM just one day with sometimes 4/3....but that was it.
Also from ZL7T i didn't hear a thing.I was lucky to have worked and confirmed ZL7/DL2AH.That time i was at my old QTH with better sight to the North.

Antenne setup in my old QTH, JO32KX

Also my antenne setup here isn't very well yet.The FB33 tribander is too low,not even hight enought to look over the roof here.Later this year,we will change this.The beam will be around 10 meters hight from the ground then.Also will change the FB33 from Fritzel and put there then my old Swan TB-3HA.This is also a tribander (10-15-20) and has the elements much longer.Also i think that the F/B is better from this one.
Also i will put first my PKW 40M rotary dipole in the tower.
For now i have the FD3 from Fritzel and a 2x 10M home made wire dipole for the 40M.
The PKW rotary dipole is much better.Did work VP6DX with it on my old QTH.
In time,the rotary dipole from PKW will be changed into a two elm.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten