donderdag 30 september 2010

CQ WW RTTY

The past weekend was again the CQ WW RTTY contest.I always like Contesting and most also in RTTY.I started at 0:15 UTC and as the 20M band was closed,i went to the 40M band.
For this i use my PKW MHF1e40 who is on the roof,static in the North West-South East direction.This because in the big contest there are alot of NA stations active and they also count for more points.


At 3:15 UTC i took a little sleep break and was back at the radio around 6:14 for the first QSO again.The 40M band was still full of RTTY signals and also very big signals.Propagation to NA was closed,so mostly European stations.Still the last QSO on 40M,before i went to the 20M band,was PJ2S who still had a great signal here.


On the 20M band is was most EU what i did see and sometimes some Asiatic Russians.
At 10:17 UTC i managed to work JT5DX in the pile up.He was the only JT station i saw in the contest so happy to have him logged.

So now and then i also looked on the 10M band,as that is one of my favourite bands.At 11:39 UTC i made my first QSO on the 10M.It was with ER0FEO.I made 14 QSO's within the hour,with nice DX as well like ST2AR and 6V7X.

At 12:34 UTC i was back on the 20M.First QSO was with SU/HA3JB.From that time also the stations from NA got stronger.VE3DZ was the first one i worked.
At 14:00 the propagation to NA seemed to get lower and i got the beam towards the East.Saw a YB station when beaming to NA...when turned the beam i saw it was YB0PAH with a pile up.I waited a little and when it got a little calm i called him and could write him also in my log.
After this also BA1GM and VU2LBW could be worked.


After checking the 10M band again,it seemed to be open again and also to other directions.
First was ZW5B with a great signal.After that i managed to work Christian,TL0A,who didn't have much takes at that time.He was at 28094.8 a little higer then most contesters.This also made it easier to work him without QRM from other stations.
At 17:29 i worked PY2MTV and got already his eQSL card in.I managed also to work a few Argentinian stations and also 5N7M got logged.


Back to 20M again,working EU and NA...but also 9M2TO and VQ9LA were logged.
Propagation was very good in most directions.I managed to get also ZX2B,YV5AAX,FG5LA,FM5CD,CO2GL

At 21:40 UTC i took a little break,my soccerteam was playing (Ajax) so i looked that game last 45 minutes :)
After this i was back on the radio and the 40M band until 23:20 UTC.Bedtime,hi

Back on the radio at 7:20 UTC.First checking the 40M.Propagation to NA was down and only could work one,K1TTT, that morning.All other stations on 40M where EU.
At 11:55 i managed to work ZS2I on the 10M band giving me CQ Zone 38.
This was the only station who i could hear/see that time on 10M.So back to 20M...
First looking around 14063....and saw KL7RA...He wasn't very busy and i was able to work him.CQ zone 1 also in the log.

At 17:16 i did stop the contest.I managed to get my goal...more QSO's and points as the year before....



The propagation was very good for DX and sometimes also for short distances on 20M.
I managed to work a few Dutch stations from the South part,few Germans,Belgium,Luxembourg and Danmark as well.

It was very nice to have ST2AR on 10,20 and 40 M.Also i worked Larry,VQ9LA,on 20 and 40M.For me VQ9 is a new DXCC on 40M.
It was nice to see also more stations from Iceland active in the contest.Got 4 different OM's in my log.
More and more OM's are getting to use eQSL.I find it a very nice tool/qsl.I also do LoTW,but thats text only...eQSL you als have a kind of QSL card.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten